UNIGINE™ is a real-time 3D engine, which lets you fully unleash your talent and achieve great business results.
More than 10 years of R&D resulted in a well-optimized modular technology platform. It will be a solid foundation for any of your projects – from mobile applications to scientific simulations and VR.
UNIGINE all-in-one technology framework is available on a broad range of platforms, scaling from mobile devices to high-end PCs:
UNIGINE Engine has support for all the latest and greatest rendering features that hardware can provide:
- Multiple API render (DirectX 9 / DirectX 10 / DirectX 11 / OpenGL 3.x / OpenGL 4.x / OpenGL ES 2.0 / OpenGL ES 3.0 / PS3)
- Shader Model 5.0 support
- Hardware tessellation with displacement mapping
- Screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO)
- Real-time global illumination
- DOF with Bokeh effect
- Subsurface scattering
- Cinematic post-processes
Your customers get 90% of information through visual representation of your product, so make it look great!
Enable your 3D world to realistically interact with users using the powerful UNIGINE Engine Physics toolset. Deliver not only the look, but also the feel with a fast and robust multi-threaded physics module:
- Collision detection and rigid body physics
- Rag dolls
- Various joints, motors and springs
- Inverse kinematics
- Deformable cloth and rope physics
- Dynamic destruction of objects
- Force fields
- Fluid buoyancy and two-way interaction
- Time reverse feature
Go beyond limits! No more boundaries for your imagination and no more loading screens. UNIGINE Engine allows for creation of worlds as big as you want them to be:
- Dynamic data streaming in the background
- Seamless interconnection of indoor and outdoor scenes
- Advanced LOD (level of detail) system
- Vast terrains with geomorphing and support of hardware tessellation
- Built-in pathfinding module
Full-scene serialization, another unique feature of UNIGINE Engine, allows for quick saving and restoration of the state of every single object in the virtual world.
UnigineScript is a highly optimized scripting language used by the UNIGINE Engine:
- Object-oriented programming
- Fast built-in 3D math
- Transparent interconnection with C++ code
- Built-in debugger and performance profiler
- More than 4000 useful functions available out-of-the box
- Powerful high-level systems (Tracker, Syncker, Schemer...)
An example of power and flexibility you get with UnigineScript - is the fact that UnigineEditor (visual world editor) was written completely in UnigineScript.
- 2D/3D GUI with support of localization
- Support of Adobe Flash
- 3D sound with multiple reverberation zones
- Support of gamepads, joysticks and multi-touch screens
- Extensible XML-based data structures
- Network module atop of RakNet library
- And much, much more...
- Designed for collaborative work, compatible with CVS systems
- What-You-See-Is-What-You-Play visual world editor
- Plugins for 3ds Max, Maya and Softimage
- Fast data converters and compressors
- Generators of normal, ambient occlusion and height maps
- All-purpose texture format converter with support of DDS
- Built-in performance profilers
Serious Games and VR
UNIGINE Engine is successfully used in creation of highly realistic interactive simulations for consumer software products, industrial design visualizations, virtual reality systems, scientific research, military and more:
- Double precision coordinates (instead of ordinary float precision)
- Multi-channel rendering (support for network clusters)
- Zone-based background data streaming
- Full support for professional NVIDIA Quadro solutions
- Extensive API and C++ plugin system for easy integration
- Support for multiple output devices with asymmetric projections (CAVEs, monitor walls)
- Stereo 3D rendering in various modes
- Support for multi-projector configurations with edge blending and non-linear image mapping
- Extensible code base
This versatile middleware is also used in various visualization and virtual reality projects.
We work closely with all customers to ensure the successful development and delivery of your projects:
- Direct support by members of UNIGINE development team
- Monthly SDK updates
- Daily updated online documentation
- UNIGINE Developer Community portal
- Numerous application samples
A lot of new features found in UNIGINE Engine were inspired by the feedback from our clients, since we are dedicated to do everything in our power to make our customers' projects successful.
Flexible Licensing model
UNIGINE Engine is available for licensing in various packages and for all supported platforms. We can also create a custom licensing package for you, with any additional features and services you might require. Please check the licensing page or contact the sales team directly at email@example.com.
See also: Full Feature List.