Introducing Heaven DX11 Benchmark 2.5 and its Professional edition
- Added the Professional edition (see details below)
- Improved support of various GPUs
- Added support of indirect occlusion (SSDO) to simulate real-time global illumination
- Improved the stability during multi-hour running
- Fixed Windows GUI launcher compatibility issues
- Improved the quality of ambient occlusion
- Fixed minor content glitches
- Added a user manual
- Improved an installer for Windows
Real-time global illumination:
The professional version is primarily targeted to OEM companies, hardware reviewers and all enthusiasts who need to perform a robust and thorough GPU performance and/or stress testing in the convenient way.
Heaven Pro version features include:
- Command line automation
- Reports in CSV format
- Stress testing mode (benchmark looping)
- Technical support
- Licensed for commercial use
"We are very delighted to see that our GPU benchmark is so popular among hardware professionals. That is the reason we decided to go for a special edition that will make testing even more easy", commented Denis Shergin, CEO of Unigine Corp.
About Heaven DX11 Benchmark
"Heaven" is a picturesque and colorful benchmark that excels at providing the following key features:
- Based on the latest, most advanced version version of powerful Unigine engine.
- Support of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.0
- Heavy GPU load
- Comprehensive use of tessellation technology
- Advanced ambient occlusion
- Dynamic global illumination
- Volumetric cumulonimbus clouds of high physical fidelity
- Simulation of day-night shift and changing light conditions
- Dynamic sky with light scattering
- Interactive experience with fly/walk-through modes
- Support of NVIDIA SLI and ATI CrossFire technologies
- Stereo 3D modes:
- Separate images
- 3D Vision
The benchmark reveals floating islands full of enchanting magic and lost high in the cloudy skies. On these islands a tiny village nestles made of cobblestones and shiny brass. An interactive mode provides emerging experience of exploring the intricate and whimsical world of steampunk.
It the first DirectX 11 benchmark in the world, the original version was released at the moment of Microsoft Windows 7 launch in October, 2009.
The hallmark feature of the benchmark is hardware tessellation, a scalable technology aimed to automatically subdivide polygons into smaller and finer pieces, which brings drastically more detailed and elaborated look to games.
There are three tessellation modes available in this version of the benchmark:
Moderate ModeThis mode is targeted to provide reasonable performance on a wide range of DX11 hardware.
Normal ModeDefault mode available in the benchmark shows optimal quality-to-performance ratio. This is the way to achieve prominent visual enhancement with hardware tessellation technology.
Extreme ModeIt is designed to meet the perspectives of the next series of DX11-capable hardware pushing up the tessellation level to the extreme in the next 1-2 years.
The basic version of Heaven DX11 Benchmark is available free of charge for download from the official website.
About Unigine Corp.
Unigine Corp. is an international company focused on top-notch real-time 3D solutions. The development studio is located in Tomsk, Russia. Main product of Unigine Corp. is Unigine, a multi-platform (Windows / Linux / PlayStation 3 / Android) engine for virtual 3D worlds. The company works closely with hardware vendors in order to provide the best level of performance and stability of Unigine-powered applications.
The company has already made a name among the overclockers and gaming enthusiasts for uncovering the realm of true GPU capabilities with previously released "Sanctuary" and "Tropics" demos. Their benchmarking capabilities are coupled with striking visual integrity of the refined graphic art.
Unigine Corp. is also reaching the finishing line of developing OilRush naval strategy game (that is based on the Unigine engine) for Windows, Linux and PlayStation 3 platforms, which proves flexibility of its technology.