Development log: October 05, 2011
GUI fixes, SDK improvements, indie licenses
- Added binary SDKs for iOS and Android.
- Added XCode projects for Apple platforms:
- Mac OS X (source/app/main/main_x64.xcodeproj and source/engine/libUnigine_x64.xcodeproj)
- iOS (source/app/iOS/main_arm.xcodeproj and source/engine/libUnigine_arm.xcodeproj)
- Added Visual Studio C++ 2010 project files in VCXProj format (source/app/main/main_vc2010.vcxproj and source/engine/unigine_vc2010.vcxproj).
- Updated Visual Studio C++ 2008 project files.
- Improved Unigine SDK browser UI.
- Added samples of Direct3D9/10/11 context initialization with Qt wrapper (see source/samples/App directory).
- Added "video_resizable" console option (disabled by default; if enabled, a window size can be changed on the fly, without having to restart).
- Console activation key can now be re-defined via "console_key" config option (the default value is 96, an ASCII code for '`' character).
- Fixed special character input with Alt/Ctrl buttons pressed.
- Fixed ObjectGui intersection.
- Fixed fog rendering in ortho projections.
- Fixed visual artifacts on physical objects with motion blur enabled.
- Added 'simd' SCons flag, possible values are 'none', 'sse', 'sse2', 'altivec', 'neon' and 'default' (stands for the default platform-specific setting).
- Added isInt()...isControls() methods for Variable class into C++ API.
- Fixed CPU count detection on Android.
- Removed Description field from materials and properties.
- Ogg Theora library is upgraded to ARM-optimized version (1.2.0alpha1) for mobile devices.
- Project name can be passed via '-project' CLI option (if set, it forces the engine to store all changing data, such as a log file, cache files and the config, in the user profile rather than in a directory with binaries).
- Added documentation on inheritance of UnigineScript user classes from base engine and extern C++ classes.
- Added documentation on 'post_filter_reflection' post-processing material:
Editor in progress:
If you have not yet heard of it, a new version of UnigineEditor is fully underway. As the plan goes, its main features are:
- Multi-window interface with standard widgets based on Qt library
- Asset database with platform-specific settings
- Live edit on target platforms (mobile, PS3...)
- Sequence editor (for cut-scenes)
- Flowgraph editor (for "visual scripting")
- Animation tree editor
- Automated deployment to target platforms
- Plug-in system
Trinity Interactive, one of the leading Polish suppliers of software and equipment for simulation and training, has chosen the UNIGINE platform for pushing their newest projects to the next level of visual fidelity and performance. The company is well-known due to the highest quality and innovative character of its products both for military and civil purposes which provides the maximum possible training experience. Read more in the official press-release.
The International Forum for the Military Training, Education and Simulation Sectors (May 22-24, Rome) is one of the most important and major industrial events that combines thematic exhibition and forum. UNIGINE Corp. demonstrates new features of UNIGINE Engine for simulation, visualization projects and virtual reality systems at ITEC. Visit our stand #B160 to see all-new unannounced UNIGINE-powered technology demo based on geospatial data. We also invite you to attend the UNIGINE Engine presentation at the Innovative Showcase at 5 PM on May 22!
The game supports Linux (as a standalone application) from the very beginning, so we are really happy that finally Linux users can enjoy hot naval battles with the whole Steam community (cross-platforms multiplayer matches are available). Fight for the last drop of oil and try to survive!
UNIGINE’s Valley Benchmark, which features an enormously vast outdoor 3D environment filled with lush forests, is coming bundled this spring with groundbreaking EVGA GeForce GTX graphics cards. This all-new comprehensive benchmarking tool from the lineup of trusted benchmarks from UNIGINE Corp., is already acclaimed by users and industry professionals as a miraculously beautiful yet efficient GPU stress-testing tool for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Read more in the official press-release.
2013-03-18 | A spectacular new mobile experience with Oil Rush 3D strategy game on your Android device
Oil Rush, an epic naval strategy game, is released for Android devices based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 chip. The game is already available on the Google Play Store and you can jump into the next-generation of 3D graphics, hardcore depth and touch-native controls directly on a mobile device. Oil Rush for Android is based on the proprietary multi-platform UNIGINE Engine and developed by UNIGINE Corp. Read more in the official press-release.
UNIGINE’s Heaven Benchmark now comes bundled starting with the brand-new ZOTAC GeForce GTX TITAN graphics cards featuring the world’s fastest graphics processor. As the only benchmark included into the Boost Premium software bundle, it lets gamers instantly experience the full visual potential of the ZOTAC GeForce GTX TITAN. In addition, Heaven features full support for NVIDIA SLI technology for the ultimate performance boost, and NVIDIA Surround for maximum gaming immersion. Read more in the official press-release.
The lineup of UNIGINE’s benchmarks is extended by the newest Valley Benchmark that features a huge nature-inspired, open-space 3D world stretched over 64 square kilometers. It showcases the mountainous valley of amazing scale from a bird’s-eye view, yet detailed down to every leaf and flower petal. Read more in the official press-release.