Development log: October 05, 2011
GUI fixes, SDK improvements, indie licenses
- Added binary SDKs for iOS and Android.
- Added XCode projects for Apple platforms:
- Mac OS X (source/app/main/main_x64.xcodeproj and source/engine/libUnigine_x64.xcodeproj)
- iOS (source/app/iOS/main_arm.xcodeproj and source/engine/libUnigine_arm.xcodeproj)
- Added Visual Studio C++ 2010 project files in VCXProj format (source/app/main/main_vc2010.vcxproj and source/engine/unigine_vc2010.vcxproj).
- Updated Visual Studio C++ 2008 project files.
- Improved Unigine SDK browser UI.
- Added samples of Direct3D9/10/11 context initialization with Qt wrapper (see source/samples/App directory).
- Added "video_resizable" console option (disabled by default; if enabled, a window size can be changed on the fly, without having to restart).
- Console activation key can now be re-defined via "console_key" config option (the default value is 96, an ASCII code for '`' character).
- Fixed special character input with Alt/Ctrl buttons pressed.
- Fixed ObjectGui intersection.
- Fixed fog rendering in ortho projections.
- Fixed visual artifacts on physical objects with motion blur enabled.
- Added 'simd' SCons flag, possible values are 'none', 'sse', 'sse2', 'altivec', 'neon' and 'default' (stands for the default platform-specific setting).
- Added isInt()...isControls() methods for Variable class into C++ API.
- Fixed CPU count detection on Android.
- Removed Description field from materials and properties.
- Ogg Theora library is upgraded to ARM-optimized version (1.2.0alpha1) for mobile devices.
- Project name can be passed via '-project' CLI option (if set, it forces the engine to store all changing data, such as a log file, cache files and the config, in the user profile rather than in a directory with binaries).
- Added documentation on inheritance of UnigineScript user classes from base engine and extern C++ classes.
- Added documentation on 'post_filter_reflection' post-processing material:
Editor in progress:
If you have not yet heard of it, a new version of UnigineEditor is fully underway. As the plan goes, its main features are:
- Multi-window interface with standard widgets based on Qt library
- Asset database with platform-specific settings
- Live edit on target platforms (mobile, PS3...)
- Sequence editor (for cut-scenes)
- Flowgraph editor (for "visual scripting")
- Animation tree editor
- Automated deployment to target platforms
- Plug-in system
The article from our technical artists about some techniques used in development of Valley Benchmark is published. As the previous part, the current one contains download links to source materials. Read the article: Procedural Content Generation for Real-Time 3D Applications Part 2: Valley Benchmark
The Steamship Simulator developed by Ai3D became a highlight of the Bass Strait Maritime Centre Devonport located in Tasmania, Australia. The simulator is powered by the powerful and versatile UNIGINE Engine and provides a virtual experience of captaining a ship of the beginning of the last century into the Mersey River. Read more in the official press-release
We continue to share the experience of UNIGINE Corp. team in creating interactive real-time 3D worlds. A new article from our technical artists about some techniques used in development of Oil Rush naval strategy game is published, it contains a set of re-usable filters available for download. Read the article: Procedural Content Generation for Real-Time 3D Applications Part 1: Oil Rush
UNIGINE Corp. sets a new visual standard in the simulation and training industry with a preview of its next-generation technology demo. The project has the cutting-edge UNIGINE Engine under the hood and showcases a simulation of a rescue helicopter operation with an extreme level of detail while running on consumer-level hardware. Read more in the official press-release.
As of today, Oil Rush, the epic naval strategy game, comes together with the Humble Indie Bundle 8. It is a unique, pay-what-you-want offer available for less than seven days, and this fascinating 3D game is unlocked as one of the bonuses if more than the average contribution for a bundle is paid. The game is an independent project by UNIGINE Corp. based on the proprietary UNIGINE Engine. Read more in the official press-release.
Trinity Interactive, one of the leading Polish suppliers of software and equipment for simulation and training, has chosen the UNIGINE platform for pushing their newest projects to the next level of visual fidelity and performance. The company is well-known due to the highest quality and innovative character of its products both for military and civil purposes which provides the maximum possible training experience. Read more in the official press-release.
The International Forum for the Military Training, Education and Simulation Sectors (May 22-24, Rome) is one of the most important and major industrial events that combines thematic exhibition and forum. UNIGINE Corp. demonstrates new features of UNIGINE Engine for simulation, visualization projects and virtual reality systems at ITEC. Visit our stand #B160 to see all-new unannounced UNIGINE-powered technology demo based on geospatial data. We also invite you to attend the UNIGINE Engine presentation at the Innovative Showcase at 5 PM on May 22!