Development log: March 10, 2011
Terrain with hardware tessellation, hotfixes
- Terrain has been migrated from strips to simple triangles, from now on it supports hardware tessellation (only in DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.0).
- Added a sample with terrain smoothed via hardware tessellation: data/samples/objects/terrain_01.
- Added distance-based gradual projection fading for decals.
- Added a sample with omni-directional decals: data/samples/decals/omni_00.
- Decals use their own 'two-sided' setting during projection rather than material one.
- Skinned meshes can be rendered into the velocity buffer for motion blur.
- Added a sample with translucent lightmaps: data/samples/lights/lightmap_01.
- Fixed skinned mesh export in Maya plugins.
- Lightmapping tool inside of the UnigineEditor currently factors in light masks, shadow flags, two-sided option and translucence.
- Fixed clamp/level feature in NormalMapper.
- MeshViewer now shows the number of active bones in a selected surface.
- Added light and viewport masks for decals into UnigineEditor.
- Fixed OBJ files loading in Terrain tool.
- Fixed splash screens called within init()/shutdown() functions in the system script.
- WorldTransform has acquired new functions that allow to directly access its spline.
- Added support of PPM P2/P3 image file formats.
- Fixed the disappearance of wheels connected by JointWheel.
- Fixed the error after multiple calls of WorldTransform::play().
- Various WorldExpression bugfixes.
- Fixed WidgetFlash positioning.
- Added cross() for ivec3 in UnigineScript.
- Added support of button events in Flash (onRelease, onPress etc).
- Added info on Flash usage.
- Updated UnigineScript library documentation.
- Updated info on core math, data types and operators in UnigineScript.
PS: Mac OS X support is on the way.
Trinity Interactive, one of the leading Polish suppliers of software and equipment for simulation and training, has chosen the UNIGINE platform for pushing their newest projects to the next level of visual fidelity and performance. The company is well-known due to the highest quality and innovative character of its products both for military and civil purposes which provides the maximum possible training experience. Read more in the official press-release.
The International Forum for the Military Training, Education and Simulation Sectors (May 22-24, Rome) is one of the most important and major industrial events that combines thematic exhibition and forum. UNIGINE Corp. demonstrates new features of UNIGINE Engine for simulation, visualization projects and virtual reality systems at ITEC. Visit our stand #B160 to see all-new unannounced UNIGINE-powered technology demo based on geospatial data. We also invite you to attend the UNIGINE Engine presentation at the Innovative Showcase at 5 PM on May 22!
The game supports Linux (as a standalone application) from the very beginning, so we are really happy that finally Linux users can enjoy hot naval battles with the whole Steam community (cross-platforms multiplayer matches are available). Fight for the last drop of oil and try to survive!
UNIGINE’s Valley Benchmark, which features an enormously vast outdoor 3D environment filled with lush forests, is coming bundled this spring with groundbreaking EVGA GeForce GTX graphics cards. This all-new comprehensive benchmarking tool from the lineup of trusted benchmarks from UNIGINE Corp., is already acclaimed by users and industry professionals as a miraculously beautiful yet efficient GPU stress-testing tool for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Read more in the official press-release.
2013-03-18 | A spectacular new mobile experience with Oil Rush 3D strategy game on your Android device
Oil Rush, an epic naval strategy game, is released for Android devices based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 chip. The game is already available on the Google Play Store and you can jump into the next-generation of 3D graphics, hardcore depth and touch-native controls directly on a mobile device. Oil Rush for Android is based on the proprietary multi-platform UNIGINE Engine and developed by UNIGINE Corp. Read more in the official press-release.
UNIGINE’s Heaven Benchmark now comes bundled starting with the brand-new ZOTAC GeForce GTX TITAN graphics cards featuring the world’s fastest graphics processor. As the only benchmark included into the Boost Premium software bundle, it lets gamers instantly experience the full visual potential of the ZOTAC GeForce GTX TITAN. In addition, Heaven features full support for NVIDIA SLI technology for the ultimate performance boost, and NVIDIA Surround for maximum gaming immersion. Read more in the official press-release.
The lineup of UNIGINE’s benchmarks is extended by the newest Valley Benchmark that features a huge nature-inspired, open-space 3D world stretched over 64 square kilometers. It showcases the mountainous valley of amazing scale from a bird’s-eye view, yet detailed down to every leaf and flower petal. Read more in the official press-release.