Development log: January 16, 2011
Android support, pathfinding
- Full port of Unigine framework, render, UnigineScript, physics and other subsystems.
- Support of NVIDIA Tegra 2 platform.
- Added Java-based launcher.
- Added support of multi-touch screens.
- Added OpenGL ES 2.0 support.
Yes, now Unigine engine works on Android-based tablets and smartphones! More handheld devices will be supported soon (there will be a loud public announcement later), you can contact us on licensing Unigine for mobile platforms as well.
- Performance optimization of SSDO rendering.
- Fixed wrong culling of meshes on PlayStation 3.
- Improved DIP performance.
- Correct work of alpha to coverage with depth-based effects (enabled with 'd3d10_render_use_alpha_test_level_101' or 'd3d11_render_use_alpha_test_level_101' or 'gl_render_use_arb_sample_shading' console options disabled).
- Added native support of ETC1 texture format for mobile devices.
- Introduced improved lightmap rendering by using directional lightmaps. Existing ligtmaps must be tiled 2x2 in order to work correctly with the new system. Re-bake lightmaps with internal tool from UnigineEditor to achieve better quality.
- Reflection masks replaced with viewport mask: players now have both viewport and reflection mask, objects have only viewport one. The object surfaces, materials, decals and lights are rendered, if its mask matches the player's one. Reflections are rendered in the viewport if masks of reflective materials match the player's one.
- Introduced a new pathfinding system, which works in a separate thread.
- Added new node types for pathfinding: Navigation and Obstacle.
- PathRoute object allows to find 2D or 3D paths inside Navigation nodes.
- Added new NavigationSector object (objects can lay paths inside it); intersecting sectors will be automatically merged.
- Added several types of dynamic obstacles: box, sphere and capsule.
- Added pathfinding samples.
- Fixed mouse buttons handling in ObjectGui and ObjectGuiMesh.
- Changed focus model for multiple Gui objects: overlapped, previous and permanent focuses are now set per Gui object, only the current widget in focus is shared.
- Added sample of layer rotation in WidgetSprite.
- Fixed clipboard in Linux/X11.
- WidgetSpriteRender is renamed into WidgetSpriteViewport.
- Added viewport and reflection masks in WidgetSpriteViewport and WidgetSpriteNode.
- ObjectGui can be used as a main 2D GUI with support of post-processing (see the screenshot below).
- Lightmap calculation tool with support of global illumination in UnigineEditor (based on LigthProb, see details here).
- Fixed Softimage plugins, added support of Softimage 2011.
- Added 'reload all' buttons into all tools of ResourceEditor suite.
- Fixed animation playback in ResourceEditor.
- Added support of ETC1 format into ImageDDS.
- Improved DXT comression quality in ImageDDS.
- Memory consumption is reduced even more.
- Support of compilers without exception and RTTI support.
- Faster RTTI implementation.
- No more std:: dependencies in C++ API.
- Fixed inverse kinematics samples.
- Fixed D3D9AppMFC sample.
- Fixed crashes on restoring broken ExternClass objects.
- Added 'Emitter Limit' option in particle systems limiting number of particles to be created per frame.
- Reduced binaries size.
- New tutorials: "Adding Grass", "Adding Vegetation".
- Updated UnigineScript library documentation.
Trinity Interactive, one of the leading Polish suppliers of software and equipment for simulation and training, has chosen the UNIGINE platform for pushing their newest projects to the next level of visual fidelity and performance. The company is well-known due to the highest quality and innovative character of its products both for military and civil purposes which provides the maximum possible training experience. Read more in the official press-release.
The International Forum for the Military Training, Education and Simulation Sectors (May 22-24, Rome) is one of the most important and major industrial events that combines thematic exhibition and forum. UNIGINE Corp. demonstrates new features of UNIGINE Engine for simulation, visualization projects and virtual reality systems at ITEC. Visit our stand #B160 to see all-new unannounced UNIGINE-powered technology demo based on geospatial data. We also invite you to attend the UNIGINE Engine presentation at the Innovative Showcase at 5 PM on May 22!
The game supports Linux (as a standalone application) from the very beginning, so we are really happy that finally Linux users can enjoy hot naval battles with the whole Steam community (cross-platforms multiplayer matches are available). Fight for the last drop of oil and try to survive!
UNIGINE’s Valley Benchmark, which features an enormously vast outdoor 3D environment filled with lush forests, is coming bundled this spring with groundbreaking EVGA GeForce GTX graphics cards. This all-new comprehensive benchmarking tool from the lineup of trusted benchmarks from UNIGINE Corp., is already acclaimed by users and industry professionals as a miraculously beautiful yet efficient GPU stress-testing tool for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Read more in the official press-release.
2013-03-18 | A spectacular new mobile experience with Oil Rush 3D strategy game on your Android device
Oil Rush, an epic naval strategy game, is released for Android devices based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 chip. The game is already available on the Google Play Store and you can jump into the next-generation of 3D graphics, hardcore depth and touch-native controls directly on a mobile device. Oil Rush for Android is based on the proprietary multi-platform UNIGINE Engine and developed by UNIGINE Corp. Read more in the official press-release.
UNIGINE’s Heaven Benchmark now comes bundled starting with the brand-new ZOTAC GeForce GTX TITAN graphics cards featuring the world’s fastest graphics processor. As the only benchmark included into the Boost Premium software bundle, it lets gamers instantly experience the full visual potential of the ZOTAC GeForce GTX TITAN. In addition, Heaven features full support for NVIDIA SLI technology for the ultimate performance boost, and NVIDIA Surround for maximum gaming immersion. Read more in the official press-release.
The lineup of UNIGINE’s benchmarks is extended by the newest Valley Benchmark that features a huge nature-inspired, open-space 3D world stretched over 64 square kilometers. It showcases the mountainous valley of amazing scale from a bird’s-eye view, yet detailed down to every leaf and flower petal. Read more in the official press-release.