Development log: December 10, 2009
Physical force fields, particles improvements and Softimage plugin
- New PhysicalForce, PhysicalWind and PhysicalWater objects (simulation of viscous medium, buoyancy and resistance forces).
- Fluid buoyancy for all physical shapes.
- Added a set of samples with physical force fields and a rope sample.
- JointPin can attach cloth to ragdolls.
- Physics visualizers are now shown only with the editor loaded.
- Particle systems are now affected by force fields.
- Fixed velocity calculation for ragdolls transformed with setVelocityTransform() function.
- Added 'world_show_physicals' console variable.
- New Chain type of particles for shift emitters to generate a seamless flow.
- Particles reset emitter parameters on disabling/enabling of the node.
- Some renaming in world/node files: 'stretch' -> 'length_stretch' and 'point_force' -> 'force' (run upgrade.py script to convert your data). This affected ObjectParticles API as well.
- Removed 'emitter_velocity' and 'emitter_scale' parameters from the particle systems; added slightly different 'emitter_direction' and 'emitter_spread' instead.
- Export plugins for Softimage 2010 (static geometry, skinned mesh animation).
- Fixed AppWindow in Linux: it provides the same keycodes regardless of the current key layout.
- Fixed node type filter in UnigineEditor.
- Refactored tessellation shaders; there is some performance improvement.
- Added 'post_filter_rgb2yuv' post-process filter that is useful for TV broadcasting.
- Improved Unigine::Image C++ API: added more functions for image processing.
- Added WidgetSpriteShader object, which can be used with a custom shader for post-process material.
- Added Unigine::ObjectMeshDynamic::updateIndices() function.
- Shadow objects force node update, there will be no shadow stalls.
- Timestamps in log files.
- WorldTransformExpression is renamed to WorldExpression.
- Refactored stereo 3D launchers, now they can are not limited to dual view mode.
- Adding array of visible nodes into the world is possible via UnigineScript.
- Swizzling is now available in UnigineScript for functions; foo().x and foo() is acceptable now.
- Added EngineAnalyzer system, output can be seen via 'engine_analyze' console command.
- Fixed occluders rasterizator.
- All GUI fonts have anisotropy enabled now.
- Updated documentation on particle systems ("Principles of Operation / Objects / Particle systems" section of the manual).
- Updated article on blending in materials ("Content Creation / Materials Overview / Blending Options").
Softimage export plugin GUI (see documentation for more information on options):
You are welcome to visit UNIGINE booth #307 at I/ITSEC 2013 (the world's largest modeling, simulation and training conference) in Orlando, USA (December, 2-5). There will be demonstrated a new rescue helicopter simulator featuring 6-channel image generation system, powered by UNIGINE Engine.
The article from our technical artists about some techniques used in development of Valley Benchmark is published. As the previous part, the current one contains download links to source materials. Read the article: Procedural Content Generation for Real-Time 3D Applications Part 2: Valley Benchmark
The Steamship Simulator developed by Ai3D became a highlight of the Bass Strait Maritime Centre Devonport located in Tasmania, Australia. The simulator is powered by the powerful and versatile UNIGINE Engine and provides a virtual experience of captaining a ship of the beginning of the last century into the Mersey River. Read more in the official press-release
We continue to share the experience of UNIGINE Corp. team in creating interactive real-time 3D worlds. A new article from our technical artists about some techniques used in development of Oil Rush naval strategy game is published, it contains a set of re-usable filters available for download. Read the article: Procedural Content Generation for Real-Time 3D Applications Part 1: Oil Rush
UNIGINE Corp. sets a new visual standard in the simulation and training industry with a preview of its next-generation technology demo. The project has the cutting-edge UNIGINE Engine under the hood and showcases a simulation of a rescue helicopter operation with an extreme level of detail while running on consumer-level hardware. Read more in the official press-release.
As of today, Oil Rush, the epic naval strategy game, comes together with the Humble Indie Bundle 8. It is a unique, pay-what-you-want offer available for less than seven days, and this fascinating 3D game is unlocked as one of the bonuses if more than the average contribution for a bundle is paid. The game is an independent project by UNIGINE Corp. based on the proprietary UNIGINE Engine. Read more in the official press-release.
Trinity Interactive, one of the leading Polish suppliers of software and equipment for simulation and training, has chosen the UNIGINE platform for pushing their newest projects to the next level of visual fidelity and performance. The company is well-known due to the highest quality and innovative character of its products both for military and civil purposes which provides the maximum possible training experience. Read more in the official press-release.