Development log: July 07, 2009
Improved volumetric clouds
- New volumetric clouds, updated ObjectSky.
- Added Camera object (PlayerDummy node) in UnigineEditor.
- Some renaming in the materials: scattering -> post_scattering, polygon_offset -> offset, priority -> order (don't forget to run upgrade.py script).
- Render performance improvements.
- Added post_deffered flag for the transparent objects (objects with this flag will be rendered into the deffered buffer after rendering into the color buffer), that is useful for water surfaces.
- WidgetSpriteObject is renamed to WidgetSpriteNode and can render the full hierarchy of the node.
- Skinned meshes can be rendered using DirectX 10 stream out feature or OpenGL EXT_transform_feedback extension.
- New type of the particles emitter: shift (particles are generated only if the emitter is moving), that can be used for fake water interaction effect or rocket traces.
- Reduced memory consumption by UnigineScript interpreter.
- Minor improvements of UnigineEditor.
- Correct detection of NVIDIA GTS cards.
- Vegetation animation can be turned off in material settings (less complex shader will be used).
- Fine tuning of volumetric materials' attenuation.
- Support of GL_ARB_texture_rg (optional) and GL_EXT_texture_swizzle (required) extensions.
- Removed support of L and LA image formats (R and RG are used instead).
- Xinerama support (Linux users now can use multi-GPU and multi-screen configurations).
- Added new UpSample material option for transparent objects that reduces their rendering buffer resolution, thus providing performance boost.
- Updated Qt integration sample (now it's compatible with Qt 4).
- Added samples of image manipulations via C++ API.
- Updated documentation: "Console", "Tools / ResourceEditor", "Tools / Plugins for 3D Editors", added info on PSSM into "Technologies Overview / Shadows", added "Programming / Scripts / Input System" article.
There are three surfaces in ObjectSky object now:
- "sphere" provides correct interaction of clouds and sky (clouds can be darker than the sky),
- "clouds" is a new surface for volumetric cumulonimbus clouds (they are simulated by a physically-correct algorithm),
- "shadow" (without changes).
PS: Here is the next step forward we promised recently: Unigine Joins PLAYSTATION®3 Tools and Middleware Program.
Trinity Interactive, one of the leading Polish suppliers of software and equipment for simulation and training, has chosen the UNIGINE platform for pushing their newest projects to the next level of visual fidelity and performance. The company is well-known due to the highest quality and innovative character of its products both for military and civil purposes which provides the maximum possible training experience. Read more in the official press-release.
The International Forum for the Military Training, Education and Simulation Sectors (May 22-24, Rome) is one of the most important and major industrial events that combines thematic exhibition and forum. UNIGINE Corp. demonstrates new features of UNIGINE Engine for simulation, visualization projects and virtual reality systems at ITEC. Visit our stand #B160 to see all-new unannounced UNIGINE-powered technology demo based on geospatial data. We also invite you to attend the UNIGINE Engine presentation at the Innovative Showcase at 5 PM on May 22!
The game supports Linux (as a standalone application) from the very beginning, so we are really happy that finally Linux users can enjoy hot naval battles with the whole Steam community (cross-platforms multiplayer matches are available). Fight for the last drop of oil and try to survive!
UNIGINE’s Valley Benchmark, which features an enormously vast outdoor 3D environment filled with lush forests, is coming bundled this spring with groundbreaking EVGA GeForce GTX graphics cards. This all-new comprehensive benchmarking tool from the lineup of trusted benchmarks from UNIGINE Corp., is already acclaimed by users and industry professionals as a miraculously beautiful yet efficient GPU stress-testing tool for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Read more in the official press-release.
2013-03-18 | A spectacular new mobile experience with Oil Rush 3D strategy game on your Android device
Oil Rush, an epic naval strategy game, is released for Android devices based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 chip. The game is already available on the Google Play Store and you can jump into the next-generation of 3D graphics, hardcore depth and touch-native controls directly on a mobile device. Oil Rush for Android is based on the proprietary multi-platform UNIGINE Engine and developed by UNIGINE Corp. Read more in the official press-release.
UNIGINE’s Heaven Benchmark now comes bundled starting with the brand-new ZOTAC GeForce GTX TITAN graphics cards featuring the world’s fastest graphics processor. As the only benchmark included into the Boost Premium software bundle, it lets gamers instantly experience the full visual potential of the ZOTAC GeForce GTX TITAN. In addition, Heaven features full support for NVIDIA SLI technology for the ultimate performance boost, and NVIDIA Surround for maximum gaming immersion. Read more in the official press-release.
The lineup of UNIGINE’s benchmarks is extended by the newest Valley Benchmark that features a huge nature-inspired, open-space 3D world stretched over 64 square kilometers. It showcases the mountainous valley of amazing scale from a bird’s-eye view, yet detailed down to every leaf and flower petal. Read more in the official press-release.